Campervan covers are a very good & relatively inexpensive way of protect not just the exterior, but also the interior of your campervan, when it is not being used.
Why Bother With a Cover
Cleaning of the campervan with abrasive cleaning products, necessary to remove months of grime, caused without having a cover, leads to premature damage of the surface of the vehicle.
There are VW campervan covers for just about every variation of these popular campers.
So it’s pretty easy to get the right one for your van.
Two of the main suppliers of quality covers are Maypole & Kampa
Both companies provide quality, breathable covers that fully protect the entire surface area of your campervan & are the best campervan covers on the market today in terms of both price & quality.
A necessity for the Winter months, whether the campervan is stored at home, on a site or in a storage facility The breathable covers are made from heavy duty 4-ply or 3 ply non-woven polypropylene fabric which is UV stable and highly water resistant, giving excellent protection from the elements.
Benefits of Water Resistant Material – Breathable
Water resistant means that the material will inhibit the transit of moisture to a given degree under testing using a known area of medium and barometric pressure. Water resistant (sometimes referred to as “breathable”) covers allow the transit of moisture after a certain amount of rainfall, and will more readily allow evaporation of both rainfall and naturally occurring condensation.
This is the Features & Specifications of the Maypole Cover for a Type 2 ;
- Suitable for all models of VW Type 2 camper vans with:
- – most roof options
- – standard or lowered suspension
- – rear cycle carrier or front mounted spare wheel
- Dimensions L 181″ x W 61″ x H 63″
- Heavy duty 4-ply non-woven polypropylene fabric is UV stable, breathable and highly water-resistant, giving excellent protection from the elements
- Material is bonded using an innovative rounded pattern, helping it to resist stress and tears under normal conditions
- Comes with elasticated hem for a tailored fit
- Nylon straps secure the cover firmly in place. 3 straps at the back of the cover.
- Zip openings for driver & passenger doors make fitting easy
- Handy storage bag is ideal for when cover is not in use
- Fitting and care instructions provided
They also have a cover for T25, T4, T5, & T6 campers.
The Kampa T4, T5 & T6 premium cover is an exact fit and uses Kampa’s proven triple layer SFS material so you can ensure that your VW Campervan is protected against the elements such as sun, rain, snow, dust, bird lime, tree sap, airborne pollutants and heat.
Outer Layer – Soft yet durable. This layer is designed to reflect the sun’s harmful UV rays and to prolong the life of not just the vehicle but the cover itself through the extra protection the outer layer provides.
Middle Layer – Let it breath. The middle layer is an aeror micropore breathable film. This allows for water vapour to escape yet prevents rainfall from penetrating. Our covers are not only water resistant but also breathable.
Inner Layer – Soft and non-abrasive. The inside layer is what rests against your vehicle which is why we use a soft and proven non-abrasive material to prevent scratches or rubbing of paintwork.
Why should I use a Kampa cover?
When your campervan is not in use it is still liable to damage from the elements. A campervan cover ensures that your campervan remains dry and clean when not in use, be it through rain or snow you can rest assured that your motorhome is protected, also excellent at protecting against bird droppings that can be an unnecessary hassle as they can cause serious damage to the paint if not cleaned off immediately but can be hard to spot when the vehicle is not being used.
Features of The Kampa Covers ;
- Keeps your campervan clean and mildew free
- Triple layer SFS material beads water on contact affording maximum resistance to rainfall and snow
- Breathable – water and condensation under the cover can easily escape
- Reduces internal heat build-up in the caravan and protects internal furnishings from the fading effects of the sun
- UV stabilised
- Tough and interlocking 4 ply seams with rot proof thread
- Soft and lightweight – will not scratch
- Elasticated hem provides perfect fitting
- 4 zippers make the cover easier to put on and take off and offers access to the door of your van
- Sewn-in, quick release buckles for easy installation and removal
Yes they are, is the simple answer. When you consider the cost of the vehicle & the cost of a cover, it really is a no brainer.
For the Maypole cover, expect to pay around £ 80.00 to £100.00.
For the Kampa cover, expect to pay around £100.00 to £120.00.